The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education has selected 16 leaders from the fields of health practice and policy, business, learning and education, and academic research to serve as inaugural members of the center’s national advisory council. The council is a critical part of our effort to create a new alignment, or Nexus, between the practice and education communities to achieve improved health in a rapidly transforming marketplace.
The national advisory council provides independent, expert advice and guidance—grounded in the broad perspectives and experiences of its members—to advance the field of interprofessional practice and education. Members of the council are strategic thought partners, collaborators and catalysts for action. Together, we are driving sustainable national change in health and health care delivery.
National advisory council members include:
- Marilyn Chow, DNSc, RN, FAAN, Vice President, National Patient Care Services, Kaiser Permanente
- Elizabeth Clark, PhD, ACSW, MPH, Senior Advisor and Immediate Past CEO, National Association of Social Workers
- Frank Federico, RPh, Executive Director, Strategic Partners, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Kathleen Gallo, PhD, MBA, RN, FAAN, Senior Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, North Shore – Long Island Jewish Health System
- Paul Grundy, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FACPM, Global Director of Healthcare Transformation, Global Well Being Services and Health Benefits, IBM Corporation, and President, Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- Leslie Hall, MD, Interim Dean, School of Medicine and Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri
- Maryjoan D. Ladden, PhD, RN, FAAN, Senior Program Officer, Human Capital Portfolio, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Lois Margaret Nora, MD, JD, MBA, President and CEO, American Board of Medical Specialties
- Stephen Parente, PhD, MPH, MS, Director, Medical Industry Leadership Institute and Minnesota Insurance Industry Chair of Health Finance, Carlson School of Business, University of Minnesota
- Scott Reeves, PhD, Director, Center for Innovation in Interprofessional Education and Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, and Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Interprofessional Care
- Dennis Rivera, Healthcare Chair, Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and Secretary, Partnership for Quality Care
- Leo E. Rouse, DDS, FACD, Dean, College of Dentistry, Howard University, and Immediate Past President, American Dental Education Association
- George Thibault, MD, President, Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation
- Donna Thompson, RN, MS, Chief Executive Officer, Access Community Health Network
- Peter H. Vlasses, PharmD, DSC (Hon.), BCPS, FCCP, Executive Director, Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education
- Steven Wartman, MD, PhD, President and CEO, Association of Academic Health Centers
We are grateful for their service and are honored to have these extraordinary leaders on our National Center team.